View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Blue
Sensor A is for the engine temp guage

Sensor B is for the temp sensing of the glow plugs.
Does the amount of heating done by the glow plugs vary with engine temperature? Do they heat for a longer time when the engine is colder?

Quote:
The "inside" fan, controlled by the clutch, is for normal engine cooling.
So is it normal for it to be always on like in my car?

Quote:
BTW, do you know of any independent foreign parts stores, that handle MB parts, in the Kansas City area? The last time I needed a part, while visiting my brother in Overland Park, all I heard was "only the dealer". Even his mechanic told me this.
Oh yes. In the Greater Kansas City Area, there are two places from which one can purchase M-B parts... actually three. Two are dealerships, of which one, Jay Wolfe, just opened in July. Then the third one is Star Motors, an independent European (originally M-B) auto shop owned and operated by Emery. Emery is the true master of Mercedes-Benzes in the Kansas City Area. No one at any autoshop has more experience on these cars than him in the KC area. He has been working on them for over 40 years! In fact, he is so good that Aristocrat Motors, the original M-B dealership here for years, sends cars they can't repair to him to complete the repairs!! And here's the best part: he can get any M-B parts faster and cheaper than the dealers can get them (don't ask me how)and charges just $75/hour of service!!