View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Biodiesel Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolebludger
Let's see. Our National Deficit is at record levels. We seem to have recreated a very messy war situation,like our Vietnam experience. A few days ago, complaints were filed with the FCC because televised spot on an NFL football game showed a woman's BACK, bare to just above the waist. And the FCC is taking it seriously! Time magazine has named Karl Rove as the "Man of the Year." The controling political party changed Congressional rules to keep the Speaker of the House from being suspended for being charged with a crime. Our President is under pressure from his own party to appoint to the Supreme Court only those judges who will abolish some established Constitutional rights. Legislation has already suspended some of those important rights. And a Constitutional ammendment is being heavily promoted to allow a man born in Austria to run for President of our country.

Am I the only one who sees similarities with this and events in Germany in 1935-1936?

Thanks,
Richard
The similarites are indeed frightening. But there is no point dwelling in fear -- that can be exploited as the recent election shows.

Quote:
“I must not fear
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass
Over me and through me.
And when it has gone past
I will turn the inner eye
To see its path.
Where the fear has gone
There will be nothing.
Only I will remain.....”

-Frank Herbert
'89 Toyota 4x4, needs 2L-T
'78 280Z with L28ET - 12.86@110