View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 05:48 PM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up Phew! Got my list complete of what needs to be fixed!

Well I scored my car for cheap knowing it needed some work, so that's fine.

First, vac pump is toast. There is so little vac it's not even funny! lol Power brakes... ha. Those don't work. Door locks... nope. HVAC, side vents. So I'm not going to waste time with a used unit, I'm getting a new one. Other misc bits here and there.

Next up... valves are too tight. lol So I need to set those properly. Timing chain is quite loose so that needs to be done as my IP timing is off also. I think due to the lil tensioner and just chain stretch over time. With that the turbo make maybe 4.5psi of boost. So yeah... I dunno what to do there. Maybe it's related to the valves maybe not. But I can drive an NA diesel for now. Oh valve cover leaks as does front main.

Suspension. Shocks are needed. Center carrier section of drive shaft, few front end bushings, etc. All and all not too bad there. I've seen much worse on front ends.

Good news, bottom end of motor is strong. Trans is okay. Interior is decent. Body is okay. For $1300, not a bad buy I like to think.

Now on another note... I may just try to sell the car I have for what I got it for (should be easy as it drives fine and it's MUCH cleaner than when I got it. Vac cleaner works wonders as does some paint polish! ) I found an '85 300SD w/ 205K on it. Body is straight as can be, paint leaves some to be desired, mech it's AWESOME... interior is a negative. Wants $1500 for it... what do you guys think?

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]