View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 09:21 PM
YCAGWYW

well, whunter..,.thats more like 7 wild guesses..

I have changed or cleaned all the filters including that incredibly messy one in the bottom of the fuel tank itself.

Just by the feel of it, (needing to crank a few times even when hot, after being off for 5 mins or so, I got the feeling that there might be an air leak in the supply, somewhere along the line. Is there supposed to be an air bubble in the clear in-line fuel filter? Would that be an indication of an air leak or is it normal?

The Master in Sav said that the valves were not out of adjustment, because it has great acceleration and power. ( I had posed the possibility to him)

Ive tested the bad tank vent theory by removing the fuel tank cap, with no result. Should I be checking the vacuum system some other way?

How would I check the ERG? (Is it the semi-shiney silverish round thing kinda near and infront of the air cleaner?

You mention the ALDA, but if it were out of adjustment, wouldn't that diminish power? This car has great power and top end.

this leaves the rack dampener pin, of which I know absolutely nothing. Sounds like the bacon-stretcher I was sent to get, back a few decades, in the Boy Scouts.

Whunter, I want to thank you for trying. another hint might be that even in 45 degree temps, this thing hates starting. SO unlike my old 300sd, from so long ago.

Franko
'81 black 300TD Fenix, risen and sold, now residing in NJ