View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Zero

Where can I learn about car loans?

Maybe in the open forum?

Anyway I am thinking about getting a newer car next year, and I prefer it to be a MB. A W210 actually with a sweet German V8. So since their are a lot of very nice looking E420/430's on the market in the $14k-$16k range I am tempted as can be. But I will probably need to take out a small loan. I can probably put almost half down cash up front but would need to finance between $7k-$10k. I am thinking something like a $16k W210 I put $6k +/-down and finance the rest.

Now first I know car loans are a bad idea, if they prove to be too bad of an idea I can always plunk cash down on a nice Camry and say heck with MB for now.

But I really want a W210 so I am going to try to do this, now what interest rates do you usually get?

I am 19 and have no credit as far as I know, I have had a Visa since September and have used it well. I pay my balance every month, but this month I am going to leave a balance because I was told the they like that once in awhile. My parents have excellent credit and I would have to get them to co sign I guess. (no simple task)

Again I know car loans are a bad idea but I am thinking about this for two reasons:

1.I can build up credit so I can buy a house or condo when I get out of school.

2.A payment would be cheaper than fixing my current car every month and I would have something newer that has value if it gets whacked. Having $15k into a W126 with a book value below $5k is a bad idea.
2007 Tiara 3200