View Single Post
Old 12-25-2004, 04:13 PM

Traffic Pro 7945... now THIS is the ultimate..

Wow... I mean... just... WOW! I cannot stop being amazed by this deck and everything it does. First off, the display is amazing. OLED is AWESOME and Becker was nicely restrained with the graphics. So it looks VERY elegant and not out of place at all with the vehicle's interior. The bluetooth function works perfectly and being able to voice dial even with digits is a HUGE boon while driving. But the absolute BEST part is being able to do anything, ANYTHING without taking your eyes off the road. Punch a button, tell the radio to change CDs, change stations, whatever... and it just does it! The accuracy is not 100% but it's quite good and whacking a button and talking to the stereo is infinitely better than having to look at the thing. The BEST part is that it plays MP3s AND has a CF slot! So no worrying about hooking an MP3 jukebox up to the thing at all, just stick a memory card in! A 4gb microdrive is only $189, and while 4gb isn't a 40gb iPod it's still PLENTY of storage! And, I believe the CD changer will play MP3s as well, so even without a Phatnoise or iPod connected you can STILL have a ton of music on board. Oh, and yes, US maps exist for this AND the online pro. You can check it out at HTTP://www.becker.de