View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 01:30 AM
TEAM MULHOLLAND

BG 248 VS. Redline additives

For all of you guys that regularly run additives in your fuel system:

I have been using Redline Diesel Fuel Catalyst and Redline Diesel Fuel Catalyst 85+ for the past 5 years that ive been driving a diesel. A couple of months ago my mechanic gave me a couple bottles of BG 248 diesel fuel additive to try out. After running the BG 248 nearly every other tank instead of the Redline, I have to say that it seems to work better- reduces smoke more, enhances power, and definitely makes the engine run MUCH smoother than the Redline at idle, acceleration, and high speeds. The car is even noticably quieter. I thought Redline was pretty good, then I tried the Bg and im only going back to redline as a temporary back up in case I cant get the BG.

I also like the Lubromoly additives, but are more expensive and harder to get.

Id love to hear if anybody has any comments on their experience using BG 248, in comparison to other additives, or even comments on experiences using any additives.

I swear this BG stuff is amazing! In terms of smoothness, noise reduction, smoke reduction and power boost, this stuff cant be beat... I literally have to pay atttention with my ears in order to hear the clatter clatter from inside the car when im at a red light.

1995 E420
1992 BMW 525i
1984 300D Turbo sold
1993 Volvo 244 sold
1995 Volvo 944T R.I.P!

"The details are not details. They make the product."
-Charles Eames

www.cbs.nu