View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Stella!

From this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Leo
When I changed the accumulators on my wagon I changed the fluid and filter too.

To remove the fluid from the reservior, I disconnected the linakge from the positioning valve, moved the valve arm to the "lift" position, connected a piece of tubing to the bleeder on the positioning valve (palcing the other end of the tube in a container that could hold all the fluid) then opened the bleeder.

Next, I started the engine and let the engine pump all of the old oil from the reservoir, through the valve and out into my waste oil container.

When the reservoir was almost empty, I poured approximately 1/2 litre of new fluid into the reservoir and let the engine run until clear (relatively clear, that is) fluid was being expelled out of the bleeder.

I killed the engine and closed the system; replaced the SLS (self-leveling suspension) filter (that's interesting to do) and replaced the accumulators; filled the reservoir to the mark with MBZ/Meyle hydraulic fluid and cranked her up.

I let the car run for several minutes to bleed the system and added a little fluid. Then, I drove around a bit and checked the fluid again. Needed about an additional pint.

That's been a month ago and the ride is soooo great now, I've been kicking myself for at least three of those four weeks about not having done this a year ago.