View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 12:50 PM

603 oil burner

I listened to the soundbytes you put on here. Mine has a clack at idle but as soon as you advance the throttle the slightest bit, it goes away. Sometimes as idle it doesn't clack... almost depends on what the fuel quality is. If I run injector cleaner or some marvel mystery oil through it, it pipes right down. I changed the oil yesterday and to my glee, there was oil in the underneath panel. I never thought I would be glad to see a leak but I was. It was nowhere near as much as has been burned but it definitely had drips on the intake side, around the IP...... which I also had sent in when I did the head and had it redone too..... I think I will check the turbo cross over myself and if it is not full of oil and the turbo blowing oil, then back to the shop it goes to get checked out again.......they'll hate to see me coming but that's tough. I want it right and I think it can be made right.....

When I changed the oil yesterday, I put in some of that syrup stuff that is to stop smoke/oil burn/increase compression. I could smell it burning as I let the car sit at idle. Finally that pungent odor went away somewhat so I'm hoping to see how this works out if it will stop the burn for awhile.

Frustrating but otherwise, I love the car. But if it doesn't get fixed, I'm going to find a little old lady that wants to sell her immaculate black 85 300SD with 50,000 miles on it and perfect black leather interior!!

JMH