View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 01:04 PM
benzday

98 E300TD Diesel Engine missing

Hello,

I have existed in the background during the years reading other posts on this forum and enjoyed it!! My question for anyone out there that has anything to say on the subject:

About 1 year ago my 98 E300TD (150K at the time) started to have a occasional noticable miss. The mileage also decreased rather noticeably from 33-35/gallon to 28-31/gallon. At that time I replaced the air/fuel filters, and added some diesel additive and hoped for the best! As we continue to drive it for 1 year, there has been no improvement. In my mind, the alternatives possible problem sources are not attractive (Fuel Injector, Glow Plug, or Valves).

In the past I have seen posts with similar problems but are unable to locate any at this time. Does anyone have any expierences they wish to share? This has been a completely trouble free car up to this point (160K miles).

Has anyone replaced the injectors with similar symptoms? Before I test the compression (when the weather warms up a bit) and dive into the issue I thought I would attemp to do some research from a climate controlled desktop!!