View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH
I would have not been surprised with a little bit of oil. But this was thick caked. I think the turbo is sucking massive amounts of oil or the valve cover vent tube that goes to the rubber air intake duct is pulling oil.... Which I don't think it is. There was some oil in the rubber duct but not a massive amount. I would expect some there too.

Anyone have any ideas?
Either the turbo seals are leaking or the engine is allowing too much oil through the vent tube.

My advice is to take it one step at a time. No sense rebuilding the turbo until you confirm that the turbo is the culprit.

Refer back to post #7. See if you can rig up a small bucket and route the hose from the valve cover into the bucket. Drive the vehicle for 1000 miles this way. If the bucket does not accumulate much oil, then you have your culprit in the turbo seals. However, if there is 1-2 quarts of oil in the bucket, you have your culprit in too much blowby oil without a proper seperator.

You can also see how the smoke condition does. If it clears up completely, the turbo seals are not the culprit.