View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 07:04 PM

Front End Help, 123 300D

Well, I had the wife's car in the shop this week to rectify a problem I just couldn't seem to fix myself. When I picked the car up, the mechanic gave me a laundry list of other items which need attention. Most were easy items which I feel I can tackle in a day. The big one was the total front end rebuild. I asked him how much for him to do it and he said "a heap of money" I asked him to quantify a "heap" and he said about $1600.00. I have read where you guys have done this yourself and feel that given the proper tools, I can too. I am fearless, and have plenty of tools. I need to know if anyone has posted one thread detailing the entire front end rebuild. I will also need to know any special tools required to do this job and where I can rent them if they are really expensive. I have already priced out all of the parts and they aren't extremely expensive compared to the price quoted for my mechanic to do the job. If one of you can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

'80 300D
'84 300D
'85 300D
'87 300D