View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly
I can do that. I'm a moderator.

Hard to define I guess. "Any topic discussing organized religion, unorganized religion, sprituality, atheism, or warm fuzzy feelings towards anything other than another human, your MB, truck, boat, toolbox or job. Discussing wedding plans, a wedding reception you attended IF beer was served, or a funeral you had to attend or death of someone you know is OK, but don't get too deep about it. Details on the beer at the reception is also OK, but be advised my taste in beer isn't very worldly"

Agreed, but that's not the point. Eventually even an oil thread can become political or religious.

No complaints. The problem with it is it was delving deeper into being a "religious" thread. NO political or religious threads are allowed(other than what is being discussed, the "3 thread" idea). Sorry, I know you are all "big boys" and don't need to be told what you can and can't do. Maybe you don't see the problem with, oh I don't know, driving 90mph in a school zone, but that doesn't mean it's allowed.

Moderator objects.........
My style isn't to lock threads, I don't want locked or "dead" threads, so I will stick with my original offer. You can get as unruly as you want, it won't be around much anyways. The more unruly, the shorter the time. To me it's sort of like collecting "junk" anyways, if I save it or it stays around, eventually it just falls to the bottom of the heap anyways. WHO is going to benefit later from it anyways? It's different with a tech post. Right now if say there are a bunch of pre-election posts from several months ago, WHO goes back and looks at that junk? SAME for "what is the best lawnmower" threads or some other such trivial stuff. Keep things in perspective, WHO CARES 6 months from now about a political debate on OD? No one.

Gilly
Dear Mod in Cyberspace, hear my prayer I beseech thee.

Thy charges are a fractious and loutish bunch, unworthy of ownership of the chariots who's name bringeth us together in council. In cases rare and beautiful, widespread friendship and comity breaketh like morning sunrays, but it is in our nature not to maintain such brotherly or sisterly bonds.

Humor thy peasant throng. Allow them the illusion of honored conversation and smite them only on just provocation. They are energetic and inquisitive. They enjoy entering realms undrempt of by people of feint heart and low intellect, people we know to be worshippers of false gods: Beemers, Pugeot's and Fordites and all other classless chariots of minor art and incidental craft.

So I ask that thy heavy hand of iron descend not on questioners of things unseen; restrain thy mighty wrath from the souls who seek understanding of their leaders' visions; and let thy awsome face not be hardened against pursuit of ideas difficult and interesting.

Instead, dread lord, focus they anger and hate upon the perps themselves, those cretinous stooges who use invective and insult rather than reason to advance their causes, even if the cause is just. Smite them only, not those who dwell among ideas in general tolerance and restraint.

Thy will be done.

Bot