View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 10:59 AM

A vote for the '96 C220

My wife drives a 2000 Suburban when she needs to haul a bunch of kids, or do some other big truck chore. We also use it as the “family wagon” for long road trips. Overall it gets in service maybe 3 or 4 times a month. Fantastic road car! Don’t watch the pump while you fill it up. Just swipe your card, fill, and drive away……….

Her “other car” is a 96 C220. It’s the daily driver around the city and she loves it. It’s like a go-cart compared to the Chevy. Excellent MPG (consistently 26 all around town), very nimble, plenty of room for her and the 2 kids, and fun to drive. I got it a little less than 2 years ago with 65K on it. I’m up past 85K now, and I have not done anything to it other than keep the fluids changed, etc. Unless you count the wiper blade as a part, I have not bought any. Fantastic city car! Great on the highway also, but if you are traveling with 4, it’s a little cramped with all the stuff SWMBO and the kids want/need. You’d think we were making an assault on Everest and all we’re doing is driving over to Little Rock for the weekend…………….

I daily drive the 240D auto, but I’m on a different cosmic plane……….and I don't understand all the comments about "slow auto 240D". Maybe I just got a "fast one" ????????

FWIW

Clay

I believe each of these cars are the final production year for that model.