View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 03:39 AM

going back to school

well, after a few years of complacency, lack of motivation, lack of direction, indecisions, and other excuses I will be going back to school to get my master’s degree in english with an emphasis in literature, after that, it’s off to get a ph.d in more intellectual bs. I majored in english as an undergrad, and I guess this is the next logical step to take. some might say it’s another “useless degree,” but I don’t care. I had considered an m.ed and msw--more practical degrees--before finally choosing english. I realize that it’s the only thing I really feel passionate about. For some reason, I don’t feel that excited, as I should at being admitted to grad school. maybe because it’s something I should have done a long time ago, and I waited this long to get to it. I dunno why I waited this long...excuses, excuses, maybe...but I’m just a big procrastinator. I haven’t even really bothered to tell anyone, maybe only a couple of friends. It’s a bit late for boasting and celebration, and I guess it’s not really a big deal. And besides, most wouldn’t understand why I’m even going back to school for another useless humanities degree--an mba, maybe they’d understand. english, no.

so, yeah, any advice or words of wisdom for a graduate student. wow, I sound officially smart already just to be called a grad student. pffffft

should I go with private (bank) loans or a government loan?