View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 08:36 PM

A Thanks of gratitude to the MB Forum

I would like to offer my sincere thanks of gratitude to this forum for the awesome help I have been able to find here, especially to the senior members who's posts have guided me in fixing my 1984 300D T.

I have not asked a single question and have been able to find most problems through the search. Fixes done include - ALDA, purging, vacuum, glow plugs, CV boot, seat repair, brakes, transmission modulator and more.

The car is almost perfect, but I have 2 minor issues to still resolve and ask for some guidance:

Q1
When taking off fast from a start, the transmission shifts smoothly through all gears, with only a slightly harder shift into 4th.

When taking off slowly, there is a noticably harder shift 1 to 4 with a noticable clunk inth 4th. I adjusted the modulator valve on the transmission about a quarter turn CCW. Where else should I look?

Q2
When driving highway speed (60) the car drifts slightly - left, then right. Wheels were aligned, steering box tightened, and the car drives straight at lower speeds. Is it a worn part?

Thanks again for your skills and knowledge.

Wally