View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 11:11 PM
smoke gets in your eyes

I don't think an AC compressor that hasn't run in 7 years will spring back to life. Put money aside for an R-134a compatible compressor and other bits and pieces to restore AC function.

I don't believe any LWB W123s were factory configured for the US. Any you find here are gray market imports. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

There's another one that comes on craigslist from time-to-time also in the Bay Area (San Rafael?). It's white or cream and has a desk where the jump seats should be. I can predict Ralph Nader's opinion on a car with a panel of wood waiting to cut in half the rear seat passengers.

These LWB cars are no more luxurious than a regular 240D. Just have a lot of legroom when the jump seats are folded. No additional ammenities. This car doesn't even have power windows. That's a plus to some but you don't expect to find windows cranks in a 1980s "personal limousine." Maybe that feature is reserved for corporate limousines

Does this car have jump seats? It obviously came with jump seats if there are middle row door and ceiling grab handles and ashtrays.

It's worth is a personal thing. It would have to be in concourse condition to fetch $10,000 in a quick sale IMHO.

I'll reserve comment on the acceleration abilities of 240Ds. I seem to say too much in that regard

Sixto
95 S420
87 300SDL