View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 12:39 AM

Thumbs down Crook on Ebay (Steelwindow)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7969134508&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Use caution when using Steelwindow’s intake system. I bought one from Steelwindow (Dan) a year ago. The parts he uses are inferior. The boot does not fit right. He uses air filters that allow fine dirt to penetrate the membrane. He claims I should have known the air filter requires maintenance. (All air filters should prevent dirt from entering the Air intake at all times.) He also makes claims that you will get better mileage - not true. Yesterday, I removed filter and boot to discover there was a large amount of grit at the mouth of air box. It took me an hour to clean it all up. I wonder how much of the grit made it into the engine. I tried to resolve the issue with him he will not take the product back. In other words he does not stand behind his product. He does not care if his product damages your engine. I am a German trained Mercedes mechanic. Contact me I will send you the email thread between Steelwindow and I. Be careful when using with a diesel engine. I got dupe. He made claims that a 190E 2.3 can get up 32MPG.

Last edited by PKW; 04-26-2005 at 01:13 AM.