View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 10:33 AM

Believe me, I've looked for the simple things, believe me!

t walgamuth,

Thanks for your positiveness. Believe me, I've looked for the simple, easy to overlook things. I've done the hard things, as well. And am back to looking for a simple thing. I've done my best to cover all of the bases, to include having changed the head, the fuel injection pump, the turbo, the air flow sensor, the over boost protector, EVERYTHING, even the RPM Sensor!. And right now, I'm where I just can't get the fuel to pump THROUGH the injectors. However, whunter has a post, which I am going to respond to next that gives me some additional hope that I am on the right path. As I've said, I've been all the way around the world on this car and diesels are supposed to be simple and straight forward. You get the fuel, the air and compression, and you should hear the car run, even if it runs badly, at least it should start and run. Oh, yeah, and I've checked the timing. No stretch on the chain, at all. The marks on the cam and the cam holder line up, perfect. On the compression stroke (I know it is the compression stroke because I plug the glow plug hole and turn the crank until the plug, a piece of napkin, pops out of the hole when compression forces it out) is at zero TDC and the "vee" in the governor hole on the injection pump lines up at 15 degrees After TDC on the compression stroke, and I get one drop of fuel per second at 24 degrees Before TDC for at least 35 minutes, tested (a steady drip, drip, drip, drip). So, believe me, I've checked. Now, I'm looking to what I need to do to close the deal, UNLESS somebody can show me what I did wrong as to checking the timing or ANYTHING else. And a low compression engine should run, even if it smoked like a train and I've seen that too, during the "run away". But I think whunter has the answer, maybe, and I'm about to ask him a few questions based on his suggestions as to what approach I need to take to solve this problem. And when "confusion" sets in, you just don't know which way to turn. And right now, I'm turning in circles and just need somebody to tell me when I can stop turning and spinning in circles. The 603 is a very "easy" engine to work on.

BenzDiesel

Last edited by whunter; 07-20-2006 at 12:47 AM.