View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 01:07 PM
dieselarchitect

rubberman

i think that you are experiencing a normal thing, perhaps. the gas engine mb's have only one rubber donut at the tranny. diesels have one at the diff too. this is because of the massive explosions that the diesel has, making lots more vibration than a gas engine. unless you have a bad donut in the back the only other place in a stick car for this is the springs in the clutch disc and they dont allow all that much movement. i am guessing you are looking for the direct feel that you get in a gas engined car. after driving your 240 for a few months you will (probably) get used to it. the driving style in a 240 is quite different than a gas engine car, being all about momentum and smoothness, and not about snappy acceleration. i rather like driving a 240, enjoying the fact that at most stop signs you need very little braking if you just back off the gas. the brake pads last a very long time, ditto rotors, tires and about everything else.

my $.02
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.