View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 08:46 AM

I appreciate the prompt reply. I've tried to use the allen wrench supplied with the owners manual but to no avail. I've removed the sunroof motor thinking it might be a stripped gear, but his is also not the problem. I can see the cable move with the motor removed and when I manually push the sunroof rewards or forwards (with considerable effort to do so. Again, I can only get the roof back about 2-3 inches. If the cable can protrude from the track, it may have done so and is causing the bind the sunroof and I am in right now. Last night, I pealed back the molding (folded shaped lengthwise seal) on one side of the sunroof and I could see two torx screws. Are these the torx screws that need to be removed in order to remove the glass? On one of the postings on this website, I thought I read where there are three torx screws (on each side) that need to be removed in order to remove the glass. If so, where is the third one? If I can get to all three torx screws, can I attempt to remove the glass with the roof positioned where it is now. which again, is close to being sealed at the front and dropped down about a half inch in the rear? Again, I appreciate your input. You make me feel that there is hope to repair this problem.