Thread: 1997 C230 Ac
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 12:38 AM

Well so far i've heard nothing from the qualified peeps so i'm going to go on my merry way with this. Tomorrow i'm going to throw 12 volts on it and see if clutch will engage. I've got a compressor already on order, i'm that positive. What my plan will be is to have the drier and expansion valve replaced. If when I open the system its got the black junk all over i'll probably go for a condenser, and have the rubber lines rebuilt locally. The rest I will flush and thats that. If it looks clean then i'll just do the compressor, drier and valve which should be replaced anyhow, i've got 127,000 or so on the clock so all in all thats not too bad. I'm going to look at the condenser tomorrow just in case to see if its interchangeable with something less expensive. Fast lane has it for 300 or so and that seems a lot for a condenser, not that Fast lane doesnt have good prices, its just that a condenser is a condenser and they can be had much less expensive than that. If anyone knows of an interchangeable part i'd appreciate their help. I'm trying to keep this repair under $800 without sacrificing any quality. I think is doable, its just that the information is all over the place and nonspecific. I'll keep you in mind as i progress through this.