View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:20 PM
603 aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathermang
This is a Mercedes Diesel forum.... do any of our cars have that ?

I suspect not... and we have enough trouble getting people to believe that the rules should be carefully followed anyway.... people accuse us of trying to make it ' mysterious' when we are just trying to emphasis how important the rules are to longivity in a very harsh enviornment ( inside the system)....

And if you knew that a " liquid expansion reservoir " was needed to make the statement correct and safe for lay readers it should have been included in that post..

"but in practice that's not what happens " --- how about describing where you see this happening... and tell what the advantage is... compared to sticking it into the high side as the books suggest ?
Hey all am saying is that people don't always do things the way they're supposed to and some systems do have "liquid expansion reservoirs" when I mentioned this I was referring to people in general and not diesel owners in particular.
"how about describing where you see this happening..."
I "see" it happening all the time when people hold the can of refrigerant sideways and start shaking it as opposed to holding it up where only gas will flow out.
87 300d Turbo 241K with original #14 head (blue)
87 300d Turbo 198K will run great again someday (silver)
84 300sd sold ( buyer drove it to Paraguay )