View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 12:30 AM
Strong, silent type

Today I received copies of my car's complete service records, courtesy of the Santa Barbara Auto Group (formerly Cutter Motors). I am just amazed at how friendly and courteous they are. I expected some computer print-out, instead I received copies of the car's entire service history. WOW...

My car had been serviced at Cutter Motors/Santa Barbara Auto Group, by the previous owner, since it had 12k miles on the clock. The records are complete. The owner had it serviced on a regular basis. Everything that needed to be done, was done on scheduled.

Other than some minor andnormal stuff, the car seems to have been in great health while in service to the previous owner. I hope it continues that way.

As far as the harmonic balancer is concerned, I called MBUSA and gave them my address as the new owner. I will then get the letter that everyone else has been getting. I susppose that IF soemthing happens between now and the time I get the letter, M-B is on the hook, so I am not overly concerned.

Thanks for your notes welcoming me back to the family. I feel like a kid, but there is nothing like staring down the hood of my car and seeing that 3-pointed silver star.

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!