View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 06:39 PM
dieselarchitect

leather

have you personal experience with putting a stick in an automatic car? can you find anything in the factory manual saying that the flywheels and or flex plates are balanced with the crank?

there are a lot of folks out there who haven't had personal experience telling folks who are contemplating a swap that the flywheel needs balancing or balancing to the crank.

i have done it and i invite any of you non believers to come look at my non turbo 300d motor idling and tell me that the flywheel is out of balance. it is so smooth you would swear it is a six. me and my machinist researched and examined and could not find any evidence of special balancing (with the crank).

so if you can show me hard evidence i will buy you a six pack of your choice of beer.

otherwise there are a lot of folks out there who might spend money on a balancing to have the balancer to tell them "its balanced already".

tom w
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.