Thread: No takeoff :o(
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2001, 10:48 PM
fryerpowered

I bought my 300TD-T from a really great guy in Mass. It came with a HUGE loose leaf binder with all the stamps back to it's birth. So I know what has been done to it. I even called the guy who has done the maint. for the last 15 years and asked him some questions. ( He treated me like I was an idiot) Is this a norm for Mercedes shops? Even I know that injectors should have been at least pulled and checked ONCE in 350K miles! Any how, this car takes off really SLOW, in fact dangerously so. A guy, or his wife even could get hit pulling off from a stop sign. When the Turbo kicks this thing will set you back in the seats, then it shifts which will just about break your neck. It shifts real hard and solid. On dirt roads when it shifts it leaves little "posi" marks on the road. I've been replacing vacuum lines and branch fittings all over the place and it don't seem to make a difference. I'm wondering if maybe it is the modulator down on the tranny? I've changed the fluids and filters replaced the "o" ring on the air cleaner etc. Still it pulls off slow and shifts hard. If it were only a VW I could have it screamingin about an hour and a half! I haven't been able to find any GOOD shop manuals yet (I've been bidding on ebay though!)The car in question is a 1984 Gray Market 300TD Turbo. The car will run great down the road, it's just getting there! Any suggestions will be greatly Appreciated! Tom