View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Brandon314159

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerefanatic
this is the kind of transmission cooler that I was thinking of adding to the car if I tow with it, do you think it would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/30-ALUMINUM-TRANSMISSION-COOLER-CHEVY-FORD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46095QQitemZ7997984455QQrdZ1

I was thinking you could run this unit lenghtwise along the frame on the car's underside. It would probably be beneficial to the tranny irregardless of whether I tow or not......
There was discussion elsewhere on the forum about how the radiator encompassed cooler actually puts the temp of the tranny fluid a bit higher than optimum (though it does keep it from shooting way past the temp of the water).

I am not sure how that unit would work. Usually it has always been my experience to place a large radiator looking cooler in front somewhere where it gets decent airflow. Those units are particualry cheap as well. The trick is just finding somewhere to mount it where it would do a lot of good.

I have never monitored trans temps so I don't really know to what degree the stock cooler does/doesn't work.

Additional cooling sounds like a step in the right direction regarldess though