View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 06:01 PM

Cool I'm Exhausted!

LOL. it's the exhaust! blocked catalytic converter (and yes, I did suggest he look at this when I talked to him this morning ).

he got it started and is charging me $622.75 for parts and labor, but did not fix the actual problem. He replaced the lift pump and a blocked injector ( BTW, they did test the injectors). they spent a total of 7 hours on the car. He also repaired a leaky oil pan (another story) and replaced the oil. I'm not sure if I'm being raped or not. I know they had a hard time with it and did put a lot of time into it, so I guess that's worth something.

he told me that a factory cat would cost over $300 and I'd be better off going to Midas or something. Well, I call Midas and they're like "we don't even have that model car in our computer" LOL. this gets better and better. At least now I know what it is. when I have a chance I'm going to search the forum to see what my options are. I'm also going to look for cheap cat's on line. someone gave me a link earlier. I'll let you know what happens.

thanks so much to all of you for the great advice!!!

Just so I know, whould this have caused my power loss too or do I still need to worry about that?

1983 300D Turbo
1981 240D