View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:10 PM

Cold Start Problem or battery?

Two questions, I'm not sure if they are related. My 96 C280 has given me trouble starting twice in the last month, I had to push on the gas peddle to get it to start. The battery which is the original and I knew would need replaced before the cold of winter is not turning over the engine as fast as before when the temp drops below 40 outside, but its still turning over at a good enough speed. I'm wondering if the starting problem is related to the low battery. The engine turned over ok, just a little slower then normal. It wouldnt start and I tried it 3 times, the 4th time I pushed the gas a little bit and it started. It scarred me because I had stopped to help someone change a tire on the side of a road and then my car wouldnt start. It didnt happen again until a couple days ago and pushing on the gas peddle took care of it again...is there something else I should check beside the battery?

My second question is, the original batter has been great and I would like to be able to replace it with a good battery. Is there a suggested brand?

Thanks,
Brad
(Brilliant Silver, Black Leather)
2002 CLK430 Sport 45K
(Brilliant Silver, Gray Leather , Birdseye Maple)