Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Tech Help

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 8
Exclamation help needed for PIERBURG valve

hello team,

this is my first post and iam looking for help in my 300SEL 1989 W126

can you team explain about this part "PIERBURG 7.21071.50"

what is it ? and how to connect it (wih pictures plz) ?

thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Modesto CA
Posts: 3,327
h:

If you would provide pictures of the valve, and indicate its location on the car, folks here may be able to help you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reiner View Post
h:

If you would provide pictures of the valve, and indicate its location on the car, folks here may be able to help you.
thanks really for trying to help
kindly find valve picture
Attached Thumbnails
help needed for PIERBURG valve-0fa0632e-c9af-4ce0-8524-c1f50a7147d6.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reiner View Post
h:

If you would provide pictures of the valve, and indicate its location on the car, folks here may be able to help you.
friend its located near ECU and ABS
i will take pictures tomorrow ....

look friend its a big challenge here because we dont have professionals around here in 3rd world country
show it to 10 mechanics no one have idea how to hooked up

also find it on w124 and w201 but different locations

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,888
This is a vacuum switchover valve. One port is connected to the vacuum source, and the vacuum is directed to one of the other two ports, depending on whether or not 12V is applied across the electrical contacts. These are generic, and have many applications depending on year and model. Most commonly used to control the EGR valve. In Diesels, there may be three or four of these with various functions.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 8
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxfrank View Post
This is a vacuum switchover valve. One port is connected to the vacuum source, and the vacuum is directed to one of the other two ports, depending on whether or not 12V is applied across the electrical contacts. These are generic, and have many applications depending on year and model. Most commonly used to control the EGR valve. In Diesels, there may be three or four of these with various functions.
really thank you for helping me
yes yes i have one line (upper one) connected from source
second line (side one) not connected to anything
third line (bottom) line missing

were i can find EGR valve?
i have 300SEL 1988 with M103 engine
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,888
You'd be best off submitting that question to a model-specific board, I'm not familiar with your car. EGR valves connect the exhaust and intake manifolds. They usually have one vacuum port at the top. The associated vacuum switchover valve could be anywhere in the engine compartment, so that's not much help.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-04-2018, 10:50 PM
Mike Murrell's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 2,580
The EGR valve on the M103 engine in your 300-SEL is on the passenger side of the engine around cyl 3(approx.) - I will try to locate a web photo or one in my stash and post it.

This site won't allow posting any photo that has any size to it, so this is the best I can do. It's located where I mentioned up above:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/3368/MBZ_3368_EXHPIP_pg2.htm#item5
__________________
Mike Murrell
1991 300-SEL - Model 126
M103 - SOHC
"Fräulein"

Last edited by Mike Murrell; 12-04-2018 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-05-2018, 04:21 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murrell View Post
The EGR valve on the M103 engine in your 300-SEL is on the passenger side of the engine around cyl 3(approx.) - I will try to locate a web photo or one in my stash and post it.

This site won't allow posting any photo that has any size to it, so this is the best I can do. It's located where I mentioned up above:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/3368/MBZ_3368_EXHPIP_pg2.htm#item5
thanks Mr. Mike
i will search for it today and take pictures so you can help me reconnect everything
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-05-2018, 05:21 AM
optimusprime's Avatar
Trevor Hadlington
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Worcestershire in England
Posts: 1,397
Valve

Hope this helps .
Attached Thumbnails
help needed for PIERBURG valve-vac.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-05-2018, 05:26 AM
optimusprime's Avatar
Trevor Hadlington
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Worcestershire in England
Posts: 1,397
vacuum

or this one with numbers .
Attached Thumbnails
help needed for PIERBURG valve-2013-09-18_092610_83514543.gif  
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-05-2018, 05:37 AM
optimusprime's Avatar
Trevor Hadlington
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Worcestershire in England
Posts: 1,397
Hyassin try this . Google - Mercedes Benz Model 124 - M103 Maintenance Manual .

Then pick your engine M103 then click on number 14 for . Intake manifold emission control .
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusprime View Post
Hyassin try this . Google - Mercedes Benz Model 124 - M103 Maintenance Manual .

Then pick your engine M103 then click on number 14 for . Intake manifold emission control .
thank you my friend
i will check all my lines today and take some pictures
i will keep you posted
thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 8
Lightbulb

i was very rainy rainy today could not work and take pictures

but !!!!

i found this sticker on the power cable for the switch/valve

number seen : 126 540 1813
and the rest is German language

is this helpful ?
Attached Thumbnails
help needed for PIERBURG valve-small.jpg  

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page