View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 02:35 AM
Dieselsüchtiger

These cars are truly unstoppable....

So tonight after leaving work at school (I work till 2am in the IT dept.) to come home, it was storming like heck for about 3 hours prior, and during, (still is), on my way home, its a rich part of the city, so they have stupid streetlights that are more or less for decoration than for actual lighting of the road (you can't see anything) I was cruising along since it was raining so hard around maybe 32-35mph or so down the road, when in the headlights I think "hmm, that looks weird up there ahead, whats that wavyness.....it turned out to be about 1 FOOT of water for a distance of about 200+ feet! So I end up plowing right into it full tilt since I had noticed this peculiar appearance of the street about 3 seconds before it happened....so I plowed all the way through this water at about 35mph, car downshifted to 2nd because of the work to plow through the water (I was already in "S"), maintained 35mph.....water was shooting out the sides probably 10 feet high. That was quite an experience. Needless to say, it didn't even phase the car, I emerged from the "ocean" and kept going along on my merry way. I was truly amazed at how the steering felt exactly the same, and the car felt like it was planted on the street like a rock, despite the massive water flow....a normal car would have hydroplaned severely I bet... The reason its so flooded everywhere around here (unusual) is because it rained sooo hard, and there's leaves, everywhere, so all the drains are plugged up.

Quite a fun ride home tonight.
'09 Sprinter 3500 Winnebago View - 62k (OC - 67k)
'13 ML350 Bluetec - 95k - dad's (OC-98k)
'01 SL500 - 103k(km) - dad's (OC-110,000km)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 148k - Brothers (OC-155k)