View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 02:41 PM

300D-firm, with a hint of harshness on bad pavement. Shocks/springs presumed OEM or OEM-like replacement. It could probably use all new bushings, but it's okay for now.

Lincoln Town Car- when I bought it it was a soft, floaty, wallowing PIG. Now I have Police Interceptor front shocks, KYB Gas-A-Just in the rear, and S-rated tires aired up to 36 psi at all four corners. I was going to put in late-model cop springs, but Ford was in the middle of changing suppliers when my old springs went bad and there were none to be found, so I had to settle for NAPA regular springs. It's still a little softer than I'd like, but much closer to the "firm but not harsh" ride that I want.

Samurai- HARSH This thing is sprung so stiff that the only time I've ever bottomed the front end was when I hit a 10" half round obstacle (oops) at about 25 mph and caught a couple feet of air before I landed. I have LT235/75-15 tires on it, and at 20 psi it actually rides decent on pavement. I had them up to 30 once, and that didn't go over so well. Oh yeah, stock springs, 2" shackle lift.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 400,xxx miles
08 Suzuki GSX-R600 M4 Slip-on 22,xxx miles
88 Jaguar XJS V12 94,xxx miles. Work in progress.