Thread: Vacuum problems
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Rogue T Intolerant!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel don
Whoa !

99% of vacuum problems are much easier than what you're assuming.

1. On the driver's floor (under the plastic) take the vacuum lines apart (pull the hard plastic from the black rubber). T them off (in other words, close them off right there). Putting a golf tee in the rubber connectors is the easiest way.

My hunch is that this will restore your car to shutting off on its own and thereby prove your problem to be in the door locks, fuel lock or truck lock.

This simple procedure takes about one minute with no dis-assembly required.

Let us know what happens next.
The above is true, however it may be easier to block lines off under the hood, right before it goes into the firewall. On the ones I'm familiar with, the green line is climate control, yellow is door locks, yellow with gray stripe is to vac. resevior (trunk) and brown is to keylock and back to IP. My two also have a black line, which is a vent that just ends under dash area.
I have my green line disconnected at this time due to a leak somewhere in that system. It allows the car to shutoff and the doorlocks to work at this point.
Measure vac at the 'T' that comes off the main line, not at the brake booster. Or you may have two 'T's. Terminate one, check at the other.
Also, less likely, but you could also have a leak in the line down to the tranny modulator, or the modulator itself.

Gone:
'95 E300 188K "Batmobile" Texas Unfriendly Black
'85 300TD 235K "The Wagon" Texas Friendly White
'80 240D 154K "China" Scar engine installed
'81 300TD 240K "Smash"
'80 240D 230K "The Squash"
'81 240D 293K"Scar" Rear ended harder than Elton John