View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Spark Free

Somebody - sorry you had trouble with them, but I'm not surprised. I did go ahead and make the switch several months ago. They've been generally ok, as long as I don't need any customer service. But I did have an event a few weeks ago where I wanted to call them and couldn't find a phone number. So I sent an email that went unanswered.

During the setup process I talked on the phone to a VERY knowledgeable technician who told me that my alarm system was coded to use a very old standard that they didn't directly support. The system is reprogrammable, but the original installer had locked it up with a password that they didn't give me. So Nextalarm sent out an external converter box at no extra charge. The tech also hinted to me on the phone that my system could be unlocked and reprogrammed with the assistance of some articles on the web. I found those articles and got it unlocked, but never got around to switching the communication standard because it works fine with the external box.

Oh, and btw, ADT still calls or sends a letter about every other month trying to win me back. Not gonna happen.
2017 Nissan LEAF
Former MB: 99 E300, 86 190E 2.3, 87 300E, 80 240D, 82 204D Euro
Chain Elongation References