View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 11:24 PM
dieselarchitect

if near years prob will fit

but the rpm shift regulator (not correct name prob) will be wrong. i did this the other way. a 240 tranny into a 280e. it works fine but shifts at the optimal shift point for a diesel not a gasser and so hampers the acceleration some. my brother owns the car now and doesnt mind it.

now with the gasser tranny into a diesel the shift points will be too high and so if you accelerate hard it will go to the fuel cutoff before the tranny will shift, so if you do it you will need to be aware and back off when the engine starts to sound wrung out.

probably will work but will be a little of a pain to get used to. if saving money is important and you have the gasser tranny on hand i would prob sit them side by side before trying to install and be sure all the thing s line up first.

tom w
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.