View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 09:22 PM

W123 power window is stuck

I took my console switches out of my 81 300TD because the drivers window would work intermittently. The wiring plastic case that plugs into the switch is missing so it was just individual wires mounted to the drivers window switch, which came off while taking the console apart so I matched the wire color pattern with the other switches to get the window to work. I got it to go down and up some and then it just died with a about an inch to go until closed. The drivers rear window will work when plugged into the drivers front window switch, so the switch works fine. I took the door panel off and wired a car battery directly to the motor, but it didn't move or make noise. I am assuming even if I blew a relay or fuse that would have bypassed and made the motor move. I tried to pull up and push down on the glass, but I can't get that to move either. Therefore, I am assuming the motor is shot. I was wondering if I could just take the motor out, with out the whole regulator assembly, and swap it with a rear window motor? I think the motor will come out with just 2 bolts, but I am not sure if I can get the gearing to match back with the regulator. If not, how can I just get the window to shut?

If you read all of that, I would love to hear your advice and suggestions.

Thanks,
Glenn