View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Dieseldiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalredcoupe
Ara t.,

The plug you mentioned on the driver side is one of four access holes for the cooling system. I believe two are plugged, one is used for the temp. gauge sensor & one for the heater hose outlet just behind the oil filter housing. It is extremely tight. The drain plug you want can be accessed with a socket/wrench on the passenger side forward & above the starter bracket.
It may be a pain to get to with things in the way, but that's the one you want to remove. Paul.
The 350 starter is on the drivers side and the block drain is easily accessed on the passenger side but it isn't a hex bolt, its a nice valve! MB got it right (finally). You can attach a hose to the barb on it and turn it open to drain into a bucket or whatever.

As for a flush, this is primarily for removing scale from the radiator but maybe some built up in the block too and is a good idea for a cooling system with many years/miles on it.
I recommend at least two or three flushes following any acid treatment to get ALL of the stuff out. You have to run the engine up to normal temps and open the heater full on to get all the stuff out.