View Single Post
Old 09-17-2001, 08:37 PM
fryerpowered

Got me another one!

I haven't gotten my wagon home yet so I can see whats wrong with it, but I did get another MB this weekend. I picked up a '76 300D. It's not much in the looks department, but man does it run great! (92k actual miles) I bought it from the second owner ( A kid) who bought it from the original purchaser. This kid didn't take very good care of the car, it has surface rust quite bad and he managed to wreck the trunk one day when he couldn't get it to open. So I need a trunk lid. He also managed to hit a deer with it (which is why he parked it) So I also need a grill, a hood, and a headlight cover for the passenger side. As well as a fog light lens for the passenger side. I could get by with the hood as is, but I'm thinking it should be replaced, then maybe I will do some body work and paint it. It came with 5 brand new tires ( put on about a month before he hit the deer) all the windows work except for the drivers front. ( I'm trying to find out why the switch isn't getting any current) The sunroof works, it starts up and runs just fine, shifts well too. I will be putting brakes and shocks on pretty soon as well. I just couldn't pass it up for $200 though. Is there a relay that runs the power windows? It is intermittantly working, yesterday it didn't work at all, today it worked fine? The day before it worked long enough to roll the window down , but wouldn't put it back up! I took it all apart and greased it up and replaced it, then I rolled it up with a "remote source". Today, everything was fine. (dang electrical gremlins anyway) Maybe I will be delivering papers in it by next weekend??? Tom