View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 02:07 PM

If there is a hole in the back of the box on the dash there was a factory OKI installed at one time, you should find renants of it in the bin under the console arm rest. This has been removed by the previous owner. The previoux s owner also must have re-routed the antenna cable from the rear fender to under the carpet. I would remove the drivers side tail light housing, it swivels, and unplug the connector by sliding the lock. I would take out the finder liner, the phone was attached to one of the fender webs and has some foam covering. The previous owner probably used the splitter that is attached to the antenna for his install or not.I would then remove the remnants of the old system, black thing the sise of a caton of cigarettes, and pull the fuse in trunk for phone. The phone would blank out the radio screen when the phone was taken out of the cradle or it rang. there is a multi connector for the phone, two wires that sent the phone audio to the two outbaard dash speakers, there was a lead that would raise the antenna if the phone was on, and a mute lead that would act on the radio. In 96 and up the fender antenna was only used for the phone (on glass and bumper mounted AM/FM) the cable should be shorting causing the radio to act up. There is no way to interface anything, even if you had the remanants of the old install