View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 08:49 PM

Turbo or swap engine to 1990 300CE

Hi
I have a 1990 300CE 24v M104-CIS engine.
I want to increase the 0-60 performance.
I like the style of my car and want to keep it. I always wanted the pillarless coupe of this style.
I want it to look from the outside just like any other W124. I'm not after the boy racer look.
I therefore I figure I have 3 choices.
Install 2 turbo units as per the mosselman upgrade model. However I believe I can fit it well under the £4K(parts only) I have been quoted so far. I can source both turbo's for around £750 (2x Garett T25BB). I would get the manifold custom made and fit an appropriate intercooler (maybe have to be custom made).
Has anybody done this or fitted the mosselman on this engine model. I'd really like to see pictures.? Any help much appreciated.
I'm a bit concerned about the heat from all this gubbins though. I may need to put in a bigger radiator.

Prior to this I plan to rebuild the current engine (118K on it). I've not seen any performance parts for this engine so I guess It will remain stock.
Although I did notice that Ortolan was going to fit C36 component into his m103.

My second option is to find and install a C36 engine. Not sure if that is really viable as It could involve,wiringloom, ECU, gearbox, diff changes.
and end up being a lot more expensive and a bit of a nightmare for me.
Not really very sure orconfident about this one and I'd rather keep the original engine.

Third option is the infamous 500 V8 squeeze but I think it will work out more expensive and an even harder and expensive mod than the C36

I might be mad as a hatter doing this on a 16 year old car. I just prefer these models. Thats why I bought one.
Any help, thoughts or ideas much appreciated.

Cheers