Thread: Has anyone...
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2001, 08:34 AM
61220SE

Exclamation Benz Bin, Up Down you never know about them

The Benz bin is a funny place. My first experience wit them was nothing short of terrible. I ordered a common part for a M130 engine. They repeatedly sent me parts for M110, M117 (V8), even an M189 engine. They also made me pay for all return shipping, and it took months to get my account credited back. I gave then chassis # an engine # still they could not get the right part. So I went to Buds Benz, paid $ 20 bucks more, got the right part first time. By the way, I spent way more in shipping cost than 20 dollars, not to mention Benz Bin would not ship a new part until they got their wrong part back, it took weeks. That was two years ago.

This summer I gave them another try, still sending the wrong parts but quickly fixed no fuss. Recently I have tried to call them about an injection thermostat. I have called 3 time left messages, I have not been call back at all. I took my business elsewhere. They also really want you to use their web page but beware, this is a really easy way to get yourself the wrong part.

Bottom line is that Benz Bin has good prices, but if you need some in short order and it has to be right, pay the extra few bucks and go somewhere else.

Michael
61 220SEb coup blue/white
69 280SEc coup cream
72 250C green