View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 10:30 AM

A new suspension noise

ok the sound is like when you run off the road and hit the "wake me up" strips. Its coming from the rear end now, but only when i make a left hand turn at cruising speeds, and when the rear end dips down. It doesnt make it when i turn to the right and it doesnt happen at all at slower than 40. Almost as if something is happening on the passenger rear side, so when i turn left, the passenger rear sits down more and gives me that loud noise/vibration. could i have moved any drivetrain noise back there from putting in new engine mounts? sounds likely

Now a little background. The engine was idling rough as h3ll. so much that the glove box door would shake enough to turn on the light inside, and you could see the hood bouncing. There was also an rpm based vibration that could be felt through the floorboards. I replaced the engine mounts and transmission mounts and holy *****, its so effing smooth now, and the vibrations are gone. BUT now im getting some weird stuff happpening in the rear end that was not happening before. What would i be looking for to diagnose this, and what to repair?