View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 11:49 AM

240d Idle Adjustment

Well my 240d has a very low idle. Car almost dies on me when the AC is on and when I first start in the morning it struggles for a little bit. My idle adjust knob is there, but does not work.

I found the cable in the engine bay for the idle adjust knob, and have been searching the forums for pictures on where the cable hooks up. Well I found a few, checked the same area on my car, and that area does not exist (next to the STOP lever under the hood). The stop lever is there however there is nowhere I can hook the cable up. The portion of the stop lever that the cable hooks onto has been cut off - I can see where a blade had cut through. I have no idea why anyone would do that. So I believe I am going to be out of luck as far as the idle adjust is concerned.

Is there a way I can adjust the idle under the hood permanently since the idle adjust will not work? I have seen that others have adjusted nuts on threads to change idle, but I have many - and was wondering which ones I need to adjust to increase the idle.

Thanks!