View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM
sarah warda

Anyone ever replaced a manual sunroof? Compatibility?

So I have a 1982 300TD with a manual sunroof. It leaks water like crazy through my head panel when it rains and i've blow out all the lines- they are no longer clogged. I took the big plunge the other day and took down my headpanel and started removing the ceiling interior. I've discovered the the drain plugs are rusted out where they attach - the passenger side one isn't even connected! therefore its no wonder the water goes straight into my car. The good news however, if i can really call it that, is that the rust seems to be primarily on the actual sunroof frame- not the frame of my car. So I'm thinking I could replace the rail frame system- basically the whole sunroof system that attatches to the body and save my car from rusting out. We have a 300D parts car which has been for the most part pretty compatible with the wagon, but I wondered if anyone knows whether the sunroof is. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow and try to call mercedes. Also if anyone has ever done this and has advice or warnings. If its seems impossible or if people advise against this, I'm going to have to seal up my sunroof permanently- but i'd really hate to do that. Any help would be great!! Thanks! -Sarah