View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:39 PM

On my 85 wagon, the CC amp is bolted to the steering column on the left side. It will be easier to unbolt the bracket than the amp. It is a 10mm bolt.

You will find many, many posts on the CC in this forum. It seems that with use, around 150K or so, the soldered connections on the CC begin to fail. They can be resoldered, according to several on this forum who say they have done it.

The sure fire want to fix this (other than to spring for a new CC amp at over $400) is to send it to GDI industries, which will fix both the CC amp and the actuator that sits on the motor for something like $300. There have been no reports on this forum of any of this guys'; repairs failing, so far as I have seen. You could get a CC amp from a boneyard and resolder it and see if it works. It might be a success, and the odds are surely better than a similar investment in Lotto.

There is a vacuum leak or an unplugged or leaky hose if the engine will not shut off. This can cause rough shifting. See Diesel Giant about cleaning out your vacuum hoses and replacing them. Some valves can fail, but first check the hoses. They get brittle and can leak and slip off easily when you change the oil.

My car's shifting improved when I replaced the transmission screen and drained out the old oil, which was a tad on the brownish and burned-smelling side. I replaced it with Mobil-1 Dexron AT.

I have had no experience with WVO. My car runs on Biodiesel when it is convenient to fill it up at a station about 12 miles from here, through rather heavy traffic.

Good luck!

1990 300D 2.5 Turbo sedan 171K (Rudolf)
1985 300D Turbo TD Wagon 219K (Remuda)

"Time flies like and arrow, yet fruit flies like a banana"
---Marx (Groucho)