View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 07:34 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juck View Post
It's been a weird 3-day weekend for me.

On Saturday I was introduced to the homemade potato gun/cannon for the first time. I was so impressed with the videos I saw online, that I hit Home Depot and made two potato guns on Sunday,,, and me and my two boys (8 & 10) went out to someplace remote and fired them on Monday morning. Something that much fun absolutely must be illegal.

For me, learning about the existence of the potato cannon ,,, then building it,, then firing it in such a short space of time was something of an epiphany. What a blast.

So,,, in a buoyant mood, I took my C124 into my indy mechanic at lunchtime to get a leaky hydraulic cylinder pulled so I could get it rebuilt. I also asked him to fix the vacuum lock on the front seats and recharge the A/C.

Upon picking up the car,,, he said those damn words that so many of us fear:

"Your condenser is leaking."

He says $2200,,, I got the distinct impression he didn't want to do it.

As Zaphod would say,,, BELGIUM!
That really sucks about your condensor.

I do want to say that potato guns are, pardon the pun, a blast! I haven't introduced my boys to one yet, but a couple buddies and I had fun launching the spuds into a variety of targets.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)