View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Benzless Scoutmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhef View Post
I went though this not that long ago on the silver and blue wagon Dee8go has now- I had ordered the lines with the full intention of replacing the entire pieces (both feed and return were leaking in the exact same spot as yours). the part numbers supercede from 123 to 124 #'s and the 124 lines come with plastic fittings on the ends- basically its not just plug and play, other parts will need to be upgraded too to match up to the new lines, plus the lines come curled up, you have to straighten them out as best as you can then put the bends in place yourself without kinking the lines, its not as easy or fun as it sounds

after messing around for a few hours with the new lines and realizing what else was going to need to be done to make them work, the owner and I decided just to remove the SLS from the car.
Thanks for the response with your experience. I had a feeling things wouldn't be that easy. Between having to replace the extra items and dropping the subframe to get the new lines in, I guess I'm going to take the advice of another member here and splice in new sections using a bubble flare tool and 9000 PSI splice fittings.

I'm going to order the stuff for the lines and some accumulators and try to get this done ASAP.
OBK#44
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." - Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

SOLD
1985 300TD - Red Dragon
1986 300SDL - Coda
1991 - 300TE
1995 - E320
1985 300CD - Gladys