View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
How do you know these filters were not built like this from day one? Please cut open a vintage early 80's OE filter to determine whats inside. Until then we have no proof one way or the other.

I am going by what I was told by someone who was a service manager at a MB dealer when these cars were current. He is a german and has been involved with MB cars for many-many years. He said there was an earlier attempt to produce filters in third world countries and it ended up in a service program at dealers when they had to install auxillary bypass filters for a while - or something along those lines.

I agree that these threads go along emotional lines rather than anything based on fact. Most threads on this forum do.

Let's buy the most advanced and most expensive lubricant we can get and filter it through waste products from third-world countries. Let me think about this while I sip my imported, bottled, spring water from a glass containing ice-cubes made from city-water. Let me wash down my organic veggies with alchoholic beverages.

Whatever you are comfortable with is fine with me. Someone call DP and ask them to develop a crankcase purge product.

Anybody got a good horse for sale?