View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 03:25 PM
smoke gets in your eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmark View Post
Alright, took the car to autozone and had them check the alternator out. It turned out the alternator is what was wrong. So on the way home the windshield wipers stopped working and window would not got up. Of course it was pouring rain, drove home with no wipers and window open. Threw the charger on battery and topped it off, tried to put window up and still nothing. Could this be from bad alternator?.
Did the new alternator come with a new voltage regulator or did they put the old voltage regulator into the new alternator?

I'm with markg612. At the first sign of electrical strangeness, change ALL the fuses (<$10). Don't check the old ones, just throw them out. If the strangeness persists, replace the voltage regulator (<$40). All you need is a screwdriver (and disconnect the battery). If you still have strangeness, then seek help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmark View Post
I am about sick of this car.
No offense intended but either find someone who knows how to fix your car or trade it for a Buick if you want Autozone to fix it.

I'll admit kudos for the Autozone crew if they figured out the serpentine belt tensioner on their own.

Sixto
87 300D