View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTOMic View Post
With Vista, if you resize a pic, you must then attach it to an Email. ...so it opens their Email for you! Joy! And there is no way to get it (the pic) to the Hotmail; if there is I apologize.
I don't get it. If you want to change the resolution of a picture, use a tool for that (like ImageMagick or any one of a number of image editing programs). Then just add it as an attachment.
Quote:
Also, my 3 month old computer is slow as my win98 machine...
My wife's computer (Vista 64) runs programs under 98SE in a virtual machine much faster than it ran on her old P4 with XP. Go figure.
Quote:
My advice if you are considering Vista: ...Get a Mac.
My advice? If you run Vista, get reasonable hardware. I don't know what you have, but the only issue I had with Vista, when I assembled my wife's computer, is that it does not wake up properly every couple of weeks. Her old camera did not have the proper driver (I did it for her on another computer). That's it. Then again, I built her a 3GHz quad core system with 4GB memory and a decent graphics card.

Otherwise, it has been completely pain free. All the updates installed easily, the computer is plenty fast, the adjustment required between chair and monitor has been minimal, and it is possible to use it with a non-superuser account with the UAC.

It is actually the first version of Windows I like since W2K. But what do I know -- I run FreeBSD on most of my boxes.